Jan 31, 2010
Popularity: 11% [?]
Jan 11, 2009
Be sure to have a 10 mm socket, a T25 torque bit and flat blade screw driver.
Firstly, slacken all the screws shown in the first picture. Then lifting the air filter cover you will see that the pipe from just above the kidney grill joins this cover and is secured by two little tabs. By lifting the cover at an angle the tabs should release allowing you to remove the cover completely. Note that the screws do not unscrew fully and stay captive within the cover.
In order to remove the air filter element there is a small clip at the front. You need to press the circular area on either side and slide the filter forward. It will then come up and away from its mount.
There is an insert within the filter which is fixed and sealed in place.
In essence, here are the steps.
1) Loosen the steel clamp on the output side of the filter housing using the screw driver.
2) Disconnect the connect from the air mass flow meter (MAF sensor as shown below)
3) Disconnect the filter housing from the suction hood intake duct.
4) Remove the filter housing from the engine compartment using a 10mm socket two places. Be careful of the air mass flow meter as it is very expensive.
5) Remove the screws using the T25 torque bit.
6) Remove air filter and install new filter.
7) Reassemble the air filter housing.
Reinstall in engine compartment.
Euro version air filter
US version air filter
Author: nexus66 and WallyF
Full link: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4101
Popularity: 7% [?]